As Buddha once said, “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” This V-day it’s time to pamper yourself, not just your significant other.
This holiday is becoming more and more a day people resent. The over expensive dinners at restaurants with “special” menus, the flowers that cost 3x the normal price, the teddy bear holding chocolates in a heart-shaped box for $75. Give me a freaking break. I’m one of the lucky guys that has a girlfriend who agrees this day is ridiculous. I’m probably a lone wolf among many other guys out there who are about to dump out your wallets in the name of love.
For all of us men (single or taken), here are 10 man-tastic ideas to give yourself some self-love this holiday.
1. Get Lucky Dice: So, basically, this is a two-way gift. You can give it to your gal and get a gift in return. If you’re single, I’d probably skip to #2 unless you want to be a creepy guy walking around with these in his pocket. Instead of a cheap pair from Spencer’s, I vote for this sweet set with a nice masculine edge. $39 and they’re yours!
2. Wood Watch: One thing that I’m seeing everywhere now is wood. Wood sunglasses, wood watches…even wood pencils. Crazy! I’m digging this little trend and think every guy needs a woody. Slap one on for $70 and watch time fly.
3. The Inspirational Paperweight: Sounds kinda cheese, but this thing could be a great addition to your desk or dresser. It is a handy tool to remind yourself to be bold, be playful, be creative…be motivational and buy it for $65.
4. Secret Message Wallet Bottle Opener: I just think this is badass. You can tell yourself something like, “You’re looking spectacular, man” or even give yourself a pep-talk message like, “Get to the gym, beast.” The best part? After you read the message you can pop open a bottle of a tasty beverage. Say cheers for only $15. Score!
5. Chocolate-Covered Bacon: Do I need to say more other than the word BACON? I think not. Chow down for $10.
6. Cactus plant: Not sure about you, but I’d rather have a cactus garden opposed to a vase full of roses. Treat yourself with a desert plant that is hard to kill even for the blackest of thumbs. Get prickly for around $10.
7. The Man Can: This is what I can a manly bath set. You get scrubbin’ soap, spicy shaving gel, bay rum oil, hand butter and a mitt all stored in a rockin’ paint can. Fresh, manly scents for $50.
8. Ooma Bowl: Okay, every man, woman and child needs one of these things. You no longer need a table, heck, you can eat while going on a walk. It’s an ergonomically designed bowl with double-chambers that you can hold in one hand while only paying $25 with the other.
9. Fixie Pizza Cutter: It’s finally cheat day and you are going to treat yourself to a meat pie. Instead of grabbing a knife or one of the typical pizza cutters, grab the fixie and take a ride on your pie. You can have a pre-workout before digging in for only $24.
10. Razor Pit Sharpener: There’s almost nothing worse than shaving with a dull blade. I cringe at the mere thought. This handy-dandy gadget cleans and sharpens your razors. This isn’t just good on the skin, it helps you save money in the long run with a tiny up front cost of $25.
Of course, there are hundreds of more items you can pick out for yourself. This is just a little start-list guide to get you thinking about treating yourself on that magical day of love.
Written by: Tristan “Lucky”